I love spanish tortillas. You can make them with pretty much anything, and they are very hard to get wrong.
This tortilla was made in celebration of the lovely fresh peas and broad beans I got at the farmers market, with some dill from the garden thrown in.
- Cook your shelled broadbeans and peas (a handful of each) in salted water till softish.
- Fry up one onion, well diced, in olive oil until translucent. Add the broadbeans and peas for a minute or two.
- Whisk up 6 free-range eggs with a fork, add some salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of chopped dill.
- Transfer your fried veg to your egg mix, then put it all back in the pan.
- Cook on a low heat until set on the bottom, then put under a medium grill (make sure your frying pan is oven-proof – if not transfer first onto a plate) until set on top.