Ingredients for the burgers
1/2 pumpkin, peeled and chopped into cubes
1 heaped tsp nigella seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 pack feta, cut into chunks
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
1 egg, whisked
1) Peel and cut the pumpkin into chunks, toss in rapeseed oil and roast for 20 minutes or so at 180 degrees C till soft. Cool.
2) Place the chickpeas in a food processor and pulse a few times (you don’t want a smooth mix). Add all the other ingredients except the polenta and pulse again to combine.
3) Shape into patties, dip into polenta so each burger is covered, then refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.
4) Heat a tbsp of rapeseed oil on a frying pan and fry on a high heat until golden on each side.
Kolhrabi and Carrot Salad
2 kolhrabi, leaves and outer skin removed
2 apples, cored and peeled
1 medium or 2 small beetroot, peeled and grated
Handful chopped coriander leaves
1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
55ml cider vinegar
50ml olive oil
large pinch salt
1) Halve and very finely slice the kolhrabi and apples, and place in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
2) Ideally let the salad rest for a few hours to soften the vegetables a little. Or leave overnight, and only add the coriander leaves just before serving.