Ingredients (Serves 6)
250g batch fresh pasta dough, prepared into sheets (see here how to make fresh pasta) – or use dried lasagne sheets
1 pumpkin approx 1.8 kg unprepared weight, skin and seeds removed in chunks
3 amaretti biscuits, crushed
500g spinach leaves, thick stems removed
1 pint bechamel sauce
4 mozerella balls, sliced
Grated pecorino to top
1) Dry roast pumpkin on an oiled tray for 30 mins until softish, then mash with biscuits.
2) Wash the spinach and then with cook for a few minutes in a large pan, with a little of the water clinging to the leaves, to wilt. Mix the cooked spinach and 400ml of bechamel sauce.
3) Cook pasta sheets in boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes, in small batches, then drain.
4) Make layers in a large lasagne dish as follows: thin amount of spinach, then pasta, half of pumpkin + half of mozerella, pasta, most of spinach, pasta, rest of pumpkin + mozerella, pasta, top with rest of spinach, rest of bechamel then a thin layer pecorino.
5) Cook for 30 – 40 mins at 180 degrees C. Leave to settle out of the oven for 10 minutes before serving.